GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freezing Cold

2 posters

Go down

Freezing Cold Empty Freezing Cold

Post by bLuE Sat 01 Mar 2014, 07:17

That dock was very hard to shuffle on, but I think I got through it ok. I think I'm experimenting with different floor terrains, grass and gravel are already out but the dock wood turned out pretty ok. I hope you all enjoy it ^ ^

P.s  Pockets still a problem.   

bLuE
bLuE
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Freezing Cold Empty Re: Freezing Cold

Post by Garry Mon 03 Mar 2014, 13:51

The moment I saw what you were shuffling on especially with those straps flapping around on your leggings was when does she trip and fall in the water Smile Smile

Where I grew up until 10yrs in Mordialloc / Melbourne we had jetties like that everywhere around the calm bay area and they rattle and wobble, hehe. Amazing what you did.

I love the light there too, that's really nice. We haven't settled on a first sea route yet. The tensions in Europe at the moment are not a wise thing to sail into. So I may be coming to LA first and planning to climatise myself heading north via Seattle and over the north pole to Norway one summer maybe 2015.

I've only ever experienced snow for 3 hours in my life as a young kid in Melbourne, and didn't like it, I thought it was just soft sand. So I have no real concept of what cold is, hehe ... but I'll find out I'm sure. I have life long friends of the family as neighbours in the hills from Vancouver, they just shake their heads and laugh, I have no idea why Smile

Here's Mordialloc when I was a kid 1955-66. That yellow arrow points to the surf lifesaving club where I started as a DJ age 10, for kids beach parties in summer 1965.  I played Beatles and surf music, they had the dance styles printed on the 45rpm record labels, sand everywhere, lots of scratches Smile  That stamping thing you will see in the Beatles clip below, that sends the girls wild, is code for the Stomp dance style which was huge in surf music because that's about all you can do in sand haha. spot Richard Nixon in the crowd too Smile 

Freezing Cold Mb05466b-lsc

Freezing Cold Morb14727b

Freezing Cold Morb04157

Pompeii's boats
Freezing Cold 87_3-pompeis-boats

This was the Beatles track I played in my first set.

Last edited by Garry on Mon 03 Mar 2014, 16:33; edited 10 times in total
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Freezing Cold Beginner8/10Freezing Cold Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon 03 Mar 2014, 14:02

What about a high camo styled outside shoulder pocket for the media player, so it's getting minimal thrashing about and close to your ears ?
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by bLuE Mon 03 Mar 2014, 14:33

The straps are zippers, and thanks for the vote of confidence and I apologize for not falling into the water and getting my electronics destroyed for your amusement  Sad 

J-j-j-just kidding. In all seriousness Mordialloc looks really warm, I don't do so well in very warm climates where palm trees are able to grow. I am even worried about my trip to LA next weekend for the Sound of Q dance but thank god it is indoors...at least I think it is. First time attendant so I'm not sure. I have never personally seen a beach that crowded before, our waters here are quite cold so not many people venture to them a lot. 

As for a shoulder pocket I dunno, I am very style sensitive ^ ^;;; and the outer pockets although they don't work let me pause and resume my track quickly rather then me having to fidget around to get back to my music player. I think I'm just destined to hold it, my stubbornness has lost me many a music players as it almost did this round. Embarassed

Also, what other terrains worked out for you? I want to try different ones but I would rather not go through the process with trial and error like I did with sand the other day. Did not. Go well.
bLuE
bLuE
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon 03 Mar 2014, 14:58

> hehe, yeah it gets real hot in Melbourne we've just had a bunch of days over 41C 115F or something. I've inherited my northern genes and start to melt at 25C, but I think I'll toughen up Smile

We get two fighting jet streams in Melbourne one from the tropics across the outback desert, and the other direct from the south pole over the southern ocean, so when a cool change comes through every week or two, temperatures drop 15C in about 30 minutes and we can get hail storms and snow at 1000mts above sea level, I'm at 200mts in the hills. I quite like the beach in winter when the south wind blows and stings your face with the icy wind. Not for long though a few hours then back inside and look at it out of a warm place. Smile

> How about like a fingerless glove with the player strapped on the back of your hand ?
> I was going to suggest sand , haha, but not for shuffling just to strength your legs with uneven surface.

I'm doing that in training for the tour right now, walking on uneven grass areas in the studio garden that I've been digging over, to get that whole muscle sequence from your feet through your legs, up the spine to your neck, exercised as your body sways to keep balance. I'm doing pretty good. I'm buffer than that pic of me in overalls in 2006, I just have a long trimmed pony tail now, spend half my life in cone-of-silence headphones, so it's great headphone hair. If I can just stop popping hamstrings Smile... that'd be really good. I start feeling really good, push it a bit too far, and have 4 months hobbling around with a cane, thinking about, have we learnt anything yet ? hehe.

The footage in GS1 of showing Millie around Melbourne, I did with a recovering hamstring injury and a walking cane, you can hear it clunk every now and then, and I sway a lot while walking. It was also about 35C heat too, and pretty oppressive in the city when everything from the road to the air is just hot and grimy. Poor Millie was melting long before me, only just coming from northern winter 2009 Smile

Last edited by Garry on Mon 03 Mar 2014, 17:45; edited 1 time in total
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon 03 Mar 2014, 16:46

Yeah for LA, just head indoors to the coolest industrial air-conditioned building you can find, the Mall, that's where most will be during the heat of the day. Mornings are a good time to get out in Melbourne for the cool of the day, or late afternoon especially if there's a sea breeze.

In summer in Melbourne living in the CBD studios, I was just 10 minutes bike ride along the river to the Port Melbourne beach, and at night clumps of friends would meet-up and sleep on the beach under the stars catching any sea breeze you could. Hot nights in Melbourne don't drop below 30C, so the whole city is like a heat bank and is more like 40C, so the beach is heaven.

From what I've seen in 4MR vids the same seems to apply to the snow, stay indoors most of the time with short trips outside when conditions are okay to do so.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by bLuE Wed 05 Mar 2014, 07:14

Anything above 80 and I get uncomfortable, above 90 and I die so I don't believe I will be roaming around outside the hotel in LA for pretty much anything ^ ^;
bLuE
bLuE
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed 05 Mar 2014, 09:20

hehe, yeah I know that feeling well. The best time in Melbourne is now, in early autumn March thru to May. The weather stabilises, nights are cool 9-13C days are mild 15-25C and it rains only every week or two and freshens everything up. It's this time of year that makes living in Melbourne worth it, bliss Smile
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by bLuE Wed 05 Mar 2014, 09:47

I might fly down in a month or two at most and have a shuffle then, Iv'e always wanted to visit as it is ^ ^ I bet the ground there is a bit more stable then docks and very slippery grounds because all we have here is rain. Makes it very hard to dance anywhere outside.
bLuE
bLuE
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down