GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED's in phats

2 posters

Go down

LED's in phats Empty LED's in phats

Post by bLuE Wed 09 Apr 2014, 17:00

So I have been sewing my own phat leggings for years now. But recently I want to try something new, you know the light up panels on T-shirts that act on noise? The LED Equalizer sound activated ones like this 

LED's in phats Mvzledtshirtxl
Well, we have someone who makes these, and he was able to sell me the panels separately from the shirts. I plan on sewing them onto my phat leggings as well as the reflective fabric but has anyone else tried this? I'm a bit nervous on how the wiring will take on the inside. I have an idea on how I will do it but other input would be great if anyone else has attempted this already.

Thank you ^ ^
bLuE
bLuE
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

LED's in phats Empty Re: LED's in phats

Post by Garry Wed 09 Apr 2014, 18:53

Wow, should look great. Just make sure you've got some sort of backing fabric on the inside of the leg over the wires, so your skin doesn't touch anything with a current going thru it, or has nasty little bits of fine copper wire which could stab you while dancing.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
LED's in phats Beginner8/10LED's in phats Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by bLuE Thu 10 Apr 2014, 03:56

Yeah I was thinking backing fabric..the only thing is how those shirts operate. The cord from the light up panel connects to these little teeth that you plug into a squarish box. If you plug them in upside down the lights will flash upside down, it also has a scroll knob on the side to control the sensitivity of the lights and the on and off switch. If it bangs around too much it could come unplugged..but if it's too high up then it might not have easy access in case I need to turn it off or adjust it.
bLuE
bLuE
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu 10 Apr 2014, 06:57

Try a bit of gaffa/electrical tape to hold your connection together. The tape's made to be removed so it should hold okay for a shuffle session and peel off without any problems.

For any live gig in music you will always have bits and pieces gaffa'd together for the show. So think of using that in your set up.

The electrical tape also provide extra insulation from the wire and your body. The main concern is perspiration which can seep into the electrical wire connection and short out wires and give you a shock or burn out the control box. So sealing the box in just one or two layers of the tape wrapped around the box will fix that.

You can cut a little gap in the tape for the scroll knob as well, if needed.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by bLuE Sat 12 Apr 2014, 03:11

Oh hey that's very ingenious, Iv'e never worked with electrical tape before but i think I'll give it a try. After I wrap it in tape I'll just make a little inner pocket with velcro above my ankle. The tape should protect it as well as the pocket. This shall be glorious brothers!!!
bLuE
bLuE
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat 12 Apr 2014, 07:26

there's little in this world that a bit of gaffa can't fix Smile
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down