GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Feel the Music

+2
Garry
HeartTrance
6 posters

Go down

Can't Feel the Music Empty Can't Feel the Music

Post by HeartTrance Sun 21 Aug 2011, 17:12

So I've been shuffling for 1 month, I practice every day for few hours and i got all the basics. I can do all basics at decent speed, especially running man. But the problem is that I recently started shuffling to music. I downloaded some pretty slow music and I realised that I just don't feel the music. It's not like I can't keep up with the beat, I just shuffle like there is no music. Any tips?
HeartTrance
HeartTrance
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Can't Feel the Music Empty Re: Can't Feel the Music

Post by Garry Sun 21 Aug 2011, 19:23

Try different music, music YOU like.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Can't Feel the Music Beginner8/10Can't Feel the Music Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx346 Mon 05 Sep 2011, 02:56

I try and not focus on other things just the music then start shuffling.
Jinx346
Jinx346
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Name: Jinx13
Ability:
Can't Feel the Music Beginner5/10Can't Feel the Music Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon 05 Sep 2011, 14:16

Yeah that's right jinx, that's the purpose of the bass drum, it's the focal point. Much of shuffle music is trance based, even hardstyle which is a head banging dance style suitable for metal heads.

In shamanic dance the drum beat is used as the focal point as well. It doesn't need to be loud, but loud enough to hear over the general noise around you (Use Headphones to spare your family) It's a meditative technique. You train yourself to filter out stuff not necessary for that moment in time to focus on a specific task.

Much of dance is based on our animal DNA, that 80% 'junk DNA' we all have. This is the movement library for all of creation/evolution/ [insert dogma of choice here].

It's like studying, you channel all your energy into a single action - dance, the same as martial arts discipline. You take control of yourself and the moment. Then you dance with it.

Can't Feel the Music SC3A1mi_shaman_drum

Can't Feel the Music Rune_drum_1691AD

The Sami Shaman drums (above) were made from animal hide amd animals bones were used to beat the drum.

These drums along with the Sami people were considered subhuman pagans to the 19th cent Social Darwinists and puritans who thought drums were the instrument of the devil and the drums could make humans do things against their christian will. The Lutheran church literally believed this and feared it, burning all sami shaman drums for 200 years in fear of their animal magic, along with singing chants called 'yoiks' and even speaking the saami language for fear of it's magic - up until 1958 !

Can't Feel the Music Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1985-0109-5022C_Kirchenwahl_-_Propaganda_der_22Deutschen_Christen22_in_Berlin-1

So many of these techniques of movement have been considered pagan demonology and the like, in the western world for centuries, trying to prove that humans are not related to animals and are above animal instincts. Nazi's love all that crap, it makes them feel superior

So I recommend you stick it up the Nazi's and tap into your animal DNA and get some boogie going on.

The basic steps are like a calibration exercise for your DNA. Your brain will firmware movement sets into your personal movement archive and try and find a template match.

Your body knows more about movement than you do. It's been doing it since the dawn of time. It'll search the DNA data and say, Oh now we get it, he's trying to do a kick as he spins, gotcha ! And it calls up that app for you to play with.

This stuff is often culturally specific too, your genes will give you clues as to your DNA interface language. There will be stuff going way back, that first worked out many of the shuffle moves you encounter.

We already have the equipment, we just need to instal the program and do the tutorial. Our DNA keeps this stuff for our benefit, it's our life library.

Start nodding your head to the beat (headbanging), it immediately gets blood flowing to your brain to focus on the beat. Then get your foot tapping.

These are cue's to your brain you wanna dance.. it connects your body from head to toe and synchronises them with the beat. It recognises these as dance movement as oppossed to to just looking down or squashing a bug under your foot. These are the command codes to activate 'Dance Mode'

Try music without lyrics/words, because these activate a cognitive pattern in your brain trying to figure out whats being said. Forget the meaning of the words and hear them as rythyms and tones, listen to the emotion in the voice. The same with other stuff going on in the music.

Find connections between what you dance and what you hear. This is often referred to as 'the groove' you and your body and the music are synced and flowing together. Good dance music should 'make' you want to dance, it should trigger deep seated responses in you, you just feel connected with it.

These are all personal choices, this is your contribution to the genetic chain, your unique composition of ancestory and current context. Don't be afraid to step outside the boundies of dance music as we/you know it today. Explore your DNA see what gets you going.

It won't take long and the second you hear that first big beat your body will be into it.

Then take it from there, have fun too because it releases happy stuff in your hormones too.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Can't Feel the Music Beginner8/10Can't Feel the Music Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx346 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 04:28

thats some pretty cool information there
Jinx346
Jinx346
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Souris Sun 02 Oct 2011, 19:02

I tend to let the music make me dance. You should try it.
Noir Souris
Noir Souris
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: EHA// Noir Souris
Ability:
Can't Feel the Music Beginner6/10Can't Feel the Music Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

http://www.triond.com/rw/551053

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx346 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 23:31

Like your body is an extension of the music or something.
Jinx346
Jinx346
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by lilazndude Mon 14 Nov 2011, 17:15

The Music is an extension of you Very Happy just roll with it! I go crazy at parties!
lilazndude
lilazndude
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: Turtle
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 15:03

You know how you feel the music? You become the music. When you hear a boom boom boom your foot hits the ground, boom boom boom. Not every song is the same, and sometimes you'll want to mix the choreography, keep in mind you don't always need to use Shuffle related music, I'm trying to make some videos using Japanese Rock with Electronica infused into it just for fun.
StarkkShuffler
StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Starkk
Ability:
Can't Feel the Music Beginner6/10Can't Feel the Music Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down