GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs to practice to For beginners

3 posters

Go down

Songs to practice to For beginners  Empty Songs to practice to For beginners

Post by Louis Fri 11 Nov 2011, 21:07

Heya Everyone Louis , Ive only just this week started practicing properly and I was wondering if anyone could give me or share any songs that would help while practicing , Im starting to get the hang of the running man slightly , But im still far form mastering it lol Razz , But in my eyes for me to master it I need to be able to do it in-time with music haha xD , So I was wondering IF anyone could share any songs that I could practice getting my running man in-time with music , Any help is much appreciated. Very Happy cheers
Louis
Louis
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Songs to practice to For beginners  Empty Re: Songs to practice to For beginners

Post by eastcoastshuffler Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:31

Okay practice on carpet or with shoes. It makes it harder but when you shuffle in public, you'll probably be wearing shoes so it's good to get the hang of it early.

Songs...some people say to start off with slow songs or dubstep, personally I started with fast songs because it seemed more natural to me. The tempo should be between 130-145 bpm. Any more then that is simply too fast to do two hops on running man when starting out. Just make sure you have good form so you don't start any bad habits.

A good song to practice with is La Danza Delle Streghe by Gabry Ponte. 139 bpm. Really cool song I shuffle to it all the time.

Hope I helped! Very Happy
eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: HBS//Sweeper
Ability:
Songs to practice to For beginners  Beginner5/10Songs to practice to For beginners  Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Songs to practice to For beginners  Empty Re: Songs to practice to For beginners

Post by Louis Mon 14 Nov 2011, 01:27

Thanks alot East bro Very Happy , I've been practicing in socks on smooth wooden floor , but now I guess I'll try and practice outside in the garden on the pavement to get the hang of shuffling outside , thanks for the insight about how fast to have the songs too Razz , You've helped me out more than you can imagine Very Happy xD , Thanks again man Razz , cheers
Louis
Louis
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by eastcoastshuffler Mon 14 Nov 2011, 06:02

Oh yeah no problem man. When you practice outside though, don't do it in sneakers. It's impossible due to all the grip! If you have any flat bottom shoes like vans. they are better. Best shoes are Pumas. I have a pair and they have barely any grip at all. The less grip the better!

You could also dance to some pop house-ish songs for instance:

Fire Burning by Sean Kingston
Evacuate the Dance Floor by Cascada
Vida 23 by Pitbull

These songs are slower and good practice songs and often played at clubs and parties! So you'll be prepared (at least in the usa, it ausie and europe they'll probably play trance and hardstyle more)

Good luck? If you have anymore questions, just ask! Very Happy
eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Songs to practice to For beginners  Beginner5/10Songs to practice to For beginners  Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by lilazndude Mon 14 Nov 2011, 17:07

I would go with Hardstyle like what East said! Its really fast though. Around 144 BPM. Its gonna be hard to get used to during your first month but it increases your endurance and helps your muscles memorize their movements when you shuffle.
Some great songs I would recommend would be

Tune-2playaz
or
Young Birds-Patrick Bunton

Also try looking up some Hardstyle artists like Headhunterz or Showtek.
lilazndude
lilazndude
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: Turtle
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by eastcoastshuffler Tue 15 Nov 2011, 02:34

On fast songs I use more t step and spins. Runningman I keep the steps very short and low to the ground. You can step faster that way Very Happy
eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by lilazndude Tue 15 Nov 2011, 13:54

Yeah I prefer club shuffling still since I'm from West Coast, not alot of Hardstylers here.
lilazndude
lilazndude
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: Turtle
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down