GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching.

+2
Jinx346
Deadzone
6 posters

Go down

Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Empty Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching.

Post by Deadzone Tue 17 Jan 2012, 01:32

I'm really glad I found this forum, especially since people still post!
So I'll get down to it.

I've been shuffling for about 3 months now. Around 2 weeks I was able to understand the "2 steps" in running man. So I've got the actual movement down.

Around 2 months (and a few foot injuries later) I was able to shuffle at 120 bpm quite easily, but for some reason (even now) whenever I go at 130+ bpm, it doesn't feel smooth or as easy, and I get tired somewhat easily.
I pretty much know the answer to this. "Practice".

The things I really want to know are; what sort of stretches are favored for shufflers, or just dancers in general? (Please be specific)

Which parts of my body are used the most when shuffling? So that I know to work those out, and get them stronger. Will working them out, overall make me faster?

Should I avoid building mass as well, when working out? Will that slow me down?
Deadzone
Deadzone
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Empty Re: Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching.

Post by Jinx346 Tue 17 Jan 2012, 02:02

okay so i know this'll sound pretty redundant, but leg stretches and ankle stretches will help a lot in preventing injuries. Hamstring stretches, quad stretches, butterfly stretches. all of those help out in my opinion. also i know it doesn't seem like it but your whole body does get a work out when you shuffle. i would do a bit of upper body training and a fair amount of core training (your abs and those muscles located around that area). Running will help your build endurance easily. and you in my opinion don't avoid building mass, just be healthy. its like any sport, you gotta eat right and do other exercises to be in top form.
Jinx346
Jinx346
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Name: Jinx13
Ability:
Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Beginner5/10Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Empty Re: Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching.

Post by Noir Souris Tue 17 Jan 2012, 04:27

You're using your leg muscles a lot so of course you will need to build up your leg strength - I do this by running 2 miles every other days this also increases Cardiovascular system which is a vital part of your stamina and a good stamina means longer shuffle.
Make sure you eat quiet a bit fruit and veg as this boosts your metabolism this makes your more focused and seemly have more energy meaning you'll go faster.

Stretches I would say stretch all over quads, hamstrings, gastrinemeous (leg muscle/calf), triceps, biceps and your lacto dorsi (back muscle I don't think I spelt it correctly)

Hope I helped! :-)
Noir Souris
Noir Souris
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: EHA// Noir Souris
Ability:
Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Beginner6/10Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

http://www.triond.com/rw/551053

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadzone Tue 17 Jan 2012, 07:33

Both of you helped. Thank you. :3
Deadzone
Deadzone
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Tue 17 Jan 2012, 09:48

The first thing you should do Deadzone .... is read the tutorials and do your homework as is stated in the rules to belong to this forum. First warning.

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t54p140-where-do-i-start

(And thanks to the others for your good responses)

Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Beginner8/10Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by DaHardstyleMan Wed 18 Jan 2012, 06:38

This is very useful information. I didn't know that stretching can improve shuffling. For now on, I'll do some stretching before I shuffle.
DaHardstyleMan
DaHardstyleMan
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: HBS//Ghost
Ability:
Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Beginner4/10Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler Fri 08 Feb 2013, 15:09

Stretching improves shuffling so it's safe and you don't pull any muscles when you dance! IT is very important that you guys work out and make sure you stretch so you don't hurt yourself and find ways to do stamina, sometimes you can build your stamina by shuffling for a certain amount of time and then increasing that time (with breaks of course or by jogging.

Some good stretches include bending down and trying to touch your toes, holding each of your legs like a flamingo for about 30 seconds, it helps get your legs into shape before you shuffle, those are just some stretches I found helpful so far.

Hope it helped!
StarkkShuffler
StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Starkk
Ability:
Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Beginner6/10Questions relating to speed, endurance, and stretching. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down