GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Methodology

2 posters

Go down

Methodology Empty Methodology

Post by Garry Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:43

Methodology.
What sorts of methods do you use to practice ?

It's not like it's homework to shuffle. It's something you want to do, it's a passion.

But after a while you need something else, some reason to keep going especially when you have lots of other stuff going on in your life.

I've been a professional artist since my teens. It's totally self initiated. Nobody makes me spend 20 years filming unknown and obscure underground people hoping one day, others may be interested.

In the oldskool nobody paid any attention to dance and dancers, except the dancers themselves. It was wall to wall Dj egos for nearly a decade and shufflers being dragged off the dance floor to make room for more drunks. Even for the past 5 years I've been hammering all the local Melbourne guys telling them the shuffle is the next big thing ... you could hear them snikker - silly ol bugger's lost it. hehe

But they weren't the reason I was doing this. They were not my guides.

I had a plan and it was based on a personal method I'd developed over 25 years when shuffling began early 1990's. You have no idea the amount of trouble I caused by NOT filming the main act, instead filming a bunch of people in the crowd or turning the camera on the tech staff, tracing cables and checking line connections, not the star/s on the TV broadcast.

My method was to film what intereted me, ME in particular. I knew what I liked, but I didn't let that be the total of my method. I'd check it against standards, such as Ok I'm interested and filming, but I'm getting bored in 10 seconds, so should I continue ? Why should I and what am I looking for, or expecting may happen.

Then I'd have other methods for when I was blank, I'd have a collection of things I could do to get me out of the rut and in motion, usually once I got going the ideas would flow.

It's like practice, how do you decide what you're going to do next ? You're at home, you're going to shuffle, so do you have any method, are there things on your mind before you start that you want to try ?
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Methodology Beginner8/10Methodology Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Methodology Empty Re: Methodology

Post by Czarina Thu 01 Nov 2012, 18:22

Back when I first started, I was initially irritated that I couldn't pick it as quickly as Jumpstyle or DnB Step, but I just did what I would do as a tennis player. Practice the form over and over and over.
So, I'd just shuffle whenever I could. I remember specifically just bringing speakers and my laptop everyday, and I'd set up during before school, during lunch, and after school to dance. Last day of school the principal even thanked me when a whole bunch of people danced with me. Good times

Recently though, I was lucky enough to be able to use the dance studio on my campus (although very restrictively). So, I get to hang out with some dancers and practice some moves for a little while once a week. I kinda approach that more seriously because my time there is precious. Usually, I come in with some stuff I want to work on, but I always leave some time to have fun with the others.

If I'm feeling uninspired all I need to do is watch someone dance haha
Czarina
Czarina
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Name: Czarina
Ability:
Methodology Beginner7/10Methodology Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum