GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help

4 posters

Go down

Need help Empty Need help

Post by Xeross Wed 01 Aug 2012, 13:14

This is a video of me doing my best at shuffling. I'm still an extreme noob so any advice or tips from people would be greatly appreciated!
Xeross
Xeross
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Name: BLR||Xeross
Ability:
Need help Beginner5/10Need help Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Need help Empty Re: Need help

Post by Jinx346 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 04:29

fundamentally not a bad shuffle, I would add in a bit more of the t step for transitioning where you're facing and work on getting transitions clean and then speed.
Jinx346
Jinx346
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Name: Jinx13
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebound Fri 03 Aug 2012, 08:58

My post is going to be a bit long, but I feel that my input will help you.

Jinx mentioned that you should work on your transitions and I absolutely agree on that. Take it slow, make them clean. You've got the t-step down.

I notice a problem with your Running Man which a lot of beginners have: the nasty heelflick.

A heelflick happens when you're entering the middle position of the RM. The cause of this problem is that instead of pulling your foot forwards, it goes up and then forward. This can occur when your body is leaning forward instead of being straight, but I can't see if you're doing that in the video. If you are doing that you have to straighten your back while shuffling.

You need to correct this problem, and I'm sorry to tell you, but you have to go back to the basics. Watch BigMilan's tutorials and study how he does the RM. Then slowly practice the steps of the RM, and once you have them down, try to speed it up. Do not rush things. Fixing this problem is very important and should be your main priority right now.

Your current RM is in your muscle memory, and it may be hard to change it. Do not give up! I have recently been working on converting my RM from Melbourne to Malaysian, and it's tough since the Melbourne RM has been in my muscle memory for 8 months.

Nothing is impossible though Smile
Rebound
Rebound
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamc96 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 19:48

And if you learn again the rm, then try to do it with straightened legs. This will make it look ,more cool Very Happy
Adamc96
Adamc96
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: Xenon
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum