GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shuffling newbie from Finland here

4 posters

Go down

Shuffling newbie from Finland here Empty Shuffling newbie from Finland here

Post by Rocko Fri 17 Aug 2012, 19:50

I have been browsing shuffle videos on youtube for quite a while now and yesterday I decided to try it out for real. I love hard dance music, hardstyle and hardcore in particular. I immediately got hooked to the basic moves so I pretty much spent all night training them. I think this is it! I'm gonna learn how to shuffle.

One of my most recent highlights in life was when I went to Defqon1 2012 with my friends. I live in Finland and harder styles aren't popular here so that's why me and my friends finally made the trip to a real rave party in Defqon1. I loved every second of it and seeing all those people dancing and shuffling made me wonder if I could do it too. I turn 25 soon, but I don't want to think I couldn't do this because of my age. I'm a healthy person overall and I don't have bad knees or anything like that. I think I can do this if I really put time into it. One of those youtube vids eventually led me here. I browsed around for a while and decided this could be a good place to get some tips etc.

So basicly that's why I'm here. Hello everybody!
Rocko
Rocko
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Shuffling newbie from Finland here Empty Re: Shuffling newbie from Finland here

Post by Rebound Sat 18 Aug 2012, 05:55

Hey Rocko, welcome to MSO Smile

Only tip I have for a beginner is to drill the basics (WITHOUT MUSIC) until you can do them in your sleep. Once you've gotten the basics down, try to speed them up. You can also try to dance to for example electro, which is a rather slow music type. Then just work your way from there. Do NOT rush things! Make sure you've got it all down right. Record yourself with a camera or shuffle in front of a mirror.

That's what I can think of as smart for a beginner to do Smile
Rebound
Rebound
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler Sun 19 Aug 2012, 12:35

Welcome Rocko, I'm glad you made it to the site, and it's cool you've been training the moves! Try to listen to some slow shuffle songs and get the hang, maybe go to some clubs. It takes a lot of confidence to shuffle in-front of people so I know how you feel. My favorite video of shuffling ever (That got me into it) was the Fk Yeah shuffle video by Risk1710, some real shuffle legends! Look it up and if you keep watching videos and practice I'm sure you'll get the hang, I wish you luck!
StarkkShuffler
StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Starkk
Ability:
Shuffling newbie from Finland here Beginner6/10Shuffling newbie from Finland here Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by ZDai Mon 04 Mar 2013, 03:43

Hyvä saada muitaki suomalaisii tänne Very Happy ite ny shufflannu vuoden verran ^^ mist tää kaikki alko ja mitää hyvii biisej?
ZDai
ZDai
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Name: ZDai
Ability:
Shuffling newbie from Finland here Beginner3/10Shuffling newbie from Finland here Empty_bar_bleue  (3/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down