GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do shufflers act the way they do

4 posters

Go down

Why do shufflers act the way they do Empty Why do shufflers act the way they do

Post by StarkkShuffler Tue 26 Feb 2013, 21:20

Okay, so I wasn't sure under where to catagorize this post because there's not really a place to post this.

1. I don't understand when: An amazing shuffler shows moves people have never seen before and people can't just be nice and say good job and give some positive reviews. It's like NOTHING is never enough for them. No matter how good you are there is someone who says you need improvement although the person who says it isn't even close to pro. Why is that? And it doesn't matter how good you are it happens to Mikkiz, Achik, etc.

2. Why do shufflers feel the need to criticize you on your video if you're both in a competition and you don't bother to say anything mean about their video but they decide to give their opinion and make it seem like you won't make it past the competition? Meaning they say mean things and how you need to improve but you don't comment on their videos, and you feel it's fair game and it's good luck to everyone!

3. Why do shufflers harshly judge your style even though you know you aren't amazing, and you know you need improvement but you know you have amazing originality and it's something they lack? For right now I one step my running man but I've been trying to work on transitioning to 2-step but people are just so harsh about it. And how do I go about transitioning to 2-step?

Just wanted some answers because this has been happening to me and I just don't understand why these people act the way they do. Neutral
StarkkShuffler
StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Starkk
Ability:
Why do shufflers act the way they do Beginner6/10Why do shufflers act the way they do Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Why do shufflers act the way they do Empty Re: Why do shufflers act the way they do

Post by SirJaykEus Tue 26 Feb 2013, 22:16

Don't listen to them man your the best shuffler I have ever seen I wish I could be as smooth and as good as you Sad But hat will never happen :/
SirJaykEus
SirJaykEus
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Why do shufflers act the way they do Empty Re: Why do shufflers act the way they do

Post by SirJaykEus Tue 26 Feb 2013, 22:17

That*
SirJaykEus
SirJaykEus
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by bLuE Fri 31 May 2013, 06:26

There will be shufflers like that. There will also be shufflers who will criticize beginners and try to tell them that even though they are just starting out they must stick to a 150 bpm. Others, might just be trying to give constructive criticism a little too harshly. Shufflers are people with opinions, take the ones you don't like with a grain of salt and keep pushin' on.

I don't know of any one shuffler who has not been told to improve despite the years they have been at it or the work and effort they put into their style throughout those years. People see other styles differently, that's all that is. Like a YouTube video with over one million views and thousands of likes but with only one dislike. There's always going to be those people.

Don't let it affect you. Shrug it off and keep doin' what you do because you can do it best.
bLuE
bLuE
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri 31 May 2013, 10:23

yeah you get to expect the hecklers and haters, I've had them all my life, since age 10 DJing, and still now Smile

Recognising the intent of the comment both mean and good is really helpful. So if someone is racist or a religious bigot, you can be pretty sure the comment has nothing to do with your shuffling, it's just a cover for hate comments. Even mock praise, Oh you're so wonderful etc, when they just say it to laugh about it when they tell their friends.

In the fashion area, the comments in the Melbourne Flinders Lane area, the industry centre from designers to makers to retail to marketing, they didn't make cutting remarks, they were called 'slice and dice' and done with a smile. If you're gonna do it, do it with committment. Smile

But then there's the geniune praise or encouragment. Which is always welcomed and especially encouraged on this forum - (excluding Politics of course, Slice and dice time there Wink That's where the tables are turned )
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Why do shufflers act the way they do Beginner8/10Why do shufflers act the way they do Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler Tue 02 Jul 2013, 12:25

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and for giving me some reasons why shufflers act the way they do.
StarkkShuffler
StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Starkk
Ability:
Why do shufflers act the way they do Beginner6/10Why do shufflers act the way they do Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down