GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WAR We Are Revolution

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WAR We Are Revolution Empty WAR We Are Revolution

Post by WAR We Are revolution Sun 04 Jul 2010, 02:28

Hi, my name is Dillon Teal. I am the leader of a rave group called WAR. Here we practice Hardstye, Jumpstyle, Shuffle and even Hardjump. The reason being is that we are tired of raves losing touch because of this stupid rivalry. We're here to show everyone that Hardstyle and Jumpstyle can finally be brought together.

Accepting anyone and everyone. If you do not live in my state, e-mail me at Hadakatsu@yahoo.com or contact us through the contact forms VIA HardstyleJumpers.weebly.com. Furthermore if you cant make vids to show us, we'll find a way to make it happen for you. Also, anyone looking to join the Support Krew, be an artist or anything at all, let us know. We can never have to many of anyone.

Thank you, and remember to never stop raving.

Last edited by WAR We Are revolution on Tue 06 Jul 2010, 13:38; edited 1 time in total
WAR We Are revolution
WAR We Are revolution
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

http://HardstyleJumpers.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

WAR We Are Revolution Empty Re: WAR We Are Revolution

Post by walker with style cali Sun 04 Jul 2010, 03:09

hey i got a crew in cali interested in an alliance..r u down?
walker with style cali
walker with style cali
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sun 04 Jul 2010, 10:46

Pity about your WAR name, I think you are confused with shuffle culture, something you need to learn about before you start insisting 'we' can join 'you' and become one.

Shufflers don't support war, or war like attitudes, we don't battle or fight as part of our scene etc. It's just not in our culture we have no interest in it.

We're here to show everyone that the two can be one.

No you got that wrong, Shufflers are here to dance and have fun with friends. We don't need to prove anything.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
WAR We Are Revolution Beginner8/10WAR We Are Revolution Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by walker with style cali Sun 04 Jul 2010, 12:01

garry hes talking about HIS CREW showing that jumpstyle and shuffling can work toghether
walker with style cali
walker with style cali
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sun 04 Jul 2010, 12:25

Still, WAR is real to many shufflers on this forum, and as we read these posts many bombs are being dropped and kill shufflers families on boths sides of the conflicts.

Melbourne has over 200 languages spoken on a daily basis, almost everybody is at war with someone else's home country and killing their families every day, Australian made bombs and bullets included, and it sucks bad.

I don't support war and I've never met a shuffler who does, we don't want it.

It's easy for us in the safe cosy west to forget war is not a game to the rest of this world.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by walker with style cali Sun 04 Jul 2010, 13:21

i know wat u mean man i respect u dude i truly do i know ur basically a creator of shuffling.....sort of but and im only 3 years into shuffling...i was just sayin what he ment and i know ive lost three members of mi familia to war so u dont have to remind me
walker with style cali
walker with style cali
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sun 04 Jul 2010, 14:53

That's cool, it's like in Melbourne most people are already refugees from wars current and past, so it's a really touchy subject, and complicated because you get people from both sides coming here to escape the war.

It's always really hard when family members die,

which is why some stuff in shuffle culture is taboo, especially when you're at a party. It's like you need a break from all of that in your life to regain some balance, because sure enough the real world will still be there waiting for you.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by walker with style cali Sun 04 Jul 2010, 14:55

yea i understand hey garry can i be an mod haha and i have some questions bout a meetup im hosting
walker with style cali
walker with style cali
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sun 04 Jul 2010, 14:58

I should add, and just to confuse things more for you, that metal heads in Melbourne would have no problem with the WAR crew name. I in fact shot a death metal bands video clip, the band was called Bestial Warlust.

and yeah sure
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sun 04 Jul 2010, 15:12

Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sun 04 Jul 2010, 21:31

So Dillon, suggest you try a less touchy name so it doesn't become a distraction to the shuffling Wink

As far as jump is concerned a dutch magazine declared "Jump Is Dead, Go Shuffle" a few years back and linked to MSO

http://melbourneshuffleoldskool.blogspot.com/2007/12/jump-is-dead-go-shuffle.html

I immediately got a lot of angry mail from jumpstylers, the thing is jump goes very well with shuffling and in shuffling we don't see it as having to choose one or the other, we say have both.

The same as with hip-hop, most of the oldskoolers knew hip-hop moves just as well. It was just personal choice how you mixed them together in a routine.

So go for it with the crew.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by WAR We Are revolution Mon 05 Jul 2010, 11:32

Thank you very much for your opinions Garry. And I understand that WAr was a risky name to choose. But I think you are misunderstand exactly why I chose that name, and the way my crew is set up. Everytime I go watch a video all I ever see in comments and messages is people saying that jump is bull and hard is bull and fighting, and everyone seems to have forgotten why we invented these two styles. To have fun, to show everyone else who thought we we're weird and strange that we could turn it take it and make it into something beautiful. WAR was meant to be revolutionary. It is to inspire not control. We are using the beauty of each style to say to every person that is defiling the name of these arts, that it is not ok.

Thank you for standing by me.
WAR We Are revolution
WAR We Are revolution
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon 05 Jul 2010, 11:50

So you are at war with your critics ? But why listen to them at all, why do you have to answer to them ?

It's understandable to be angry about it, but they're pushing your buttons. Who cares what they think if you disagree with them.

Don't react to their taunts, because by doing that they control you. They control your reason to exist, you have already lost, you can never win, you will never be good enough for them, they'll make sure of that because that's their power, you want their validation.

Just ignore them, leave them behind, move on and let your dancing speak for you.

You don't need to prove anything to anybody in shuffle culture. You just shuffle, if nobody likes it, they don't have to watch.

Take control of your future and forget the war, leave the loosers behind to grumble about you, so what. don't waste your time and energy trying to change the critics. It's up to them to change, not you.

Take pride and dignity in what you're doing, and believe it, enjoy it, don't get distracted by critics who just want to tear you down because they feel inferior or superior to you.

Last edited by Garry on Mon 05 Jul 2010, 12:41; edited 2 times in total
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon 05 Jul 2010, 12:34

I should clarify my comments about critics.

The shuffle was created by an underground arts community, so we evaluated things from an arts perspective.

When one of us created a new work, we would show it in private to friends to get a response. While we hoped for praise, we mostly wanted honesty.

If your friends can't be honest with you because you get upset with negative comments, you have 2 choices, toughen up or get out of arts. So we'd spar with each other in a constructive way to get ourselves into shape.

Because if we felt fragile about our art in the closed studio with a circle of friends, then we'd be crushed beyond hope with the first bad public review. And oh yeah there'll be bad ones by influencial and respected critics...but that doesn't make them right Wink

But sometimes they will be right and point to such an obvious fault by your own standards, that people will be eagerly waiting for the expression on your face when you suddenly see what everyone else can.

This is all part of a career in arts. You put yourself and your blood sweat and tears on public display...then hold your breath waiting for the public response.

But most shufflers have no idea this bear pit of public opinion sees any noob as fair game, the same way you would treat a professional rock guitarist or opera performer. These pros are people who have spent many years training before they appear in public, and have learnt not just the skills of their art, but public life.

The poor noob just wants to know if they're doing it right, they're not ready for professional level critisim, they're still learning.

So you need to learn the difference between twats having a bitch about you, or someone with a point. Just ignore the twats of course, all they do is suck the air you breathe from your mouth.

How do you know the difference ?

You get better at it everyday Wink
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon 05 Jul 2010, 13:07

So in dance terms how are you going about mixing the moves ?
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by WAR We Are revolution Mon 05 Jul 2010, 14:39

Thanks again for the opinion. Helps with how I am going to run all this. But I do have one question for you Garry. Why do you think that we are trying to prove anything to anyone? We have only one question in our hearts. How far are we willing to go to bring back the love to dance.

Everyday I was told by other shufflers never to jumpstyle. And by jumpers never to hardstyle. I laugh and walk away. I can never, ever, change anyone's mind untill they change it for themselves.

WAR is not for changing minds. There are other people all around the globe trying to risk it all to show people like us what it means to truly be a dancer. And WAR is where I want everyone to start.

In other words, I plan on being the only one left of the original crew. It sounds weird, and it sounds foolish, but I do not want to anyone to "stay" with my crew. Me and my two fellows will give everything we got to make everybody who is willing to stand for what they believe in a chance to make it big. And sooner or later I will be giving my friends the same chance.

WAR is an oxymoron of simple proprtions. We can either be the worlds greatest revolution of dance, anyone has seen. Not caring who laughs and moans. We will always have a sense of pride. All I want is to see people changing their own minds. And my joining a crew, who is doing something that people to have their minds set against, seems to do it. They make the choice to do so, and thats why it is called WAR. Do you dance, or don't you, ask yourself that question, and then lets see if you can find my e-mail.

In other news, I want to answer your question on me mixing my dance moves. Well, so far I am the only one who can shuffle and jump. So i using jumpstyle oves in my shuffle dance, and vise versa in my jumpstyle. And now im trying to clean up the transitions of switching back and forth in a single routine. So before you ...really see it in action of the transitions im going to perfect it for myself first. WAR We Are Revolution Icon_razz

And thirdly, for my own comment. Anyone reading this knows what we're about. Knows what you have to do to sign up. You can be anywhere, and I will find a way to get you under our family. Because the more you show, the more we grow.

Thanks again Garry.

P.S. Walker with a cali, I would be more than happy to be friends. If you got vids, hit me up and I'll see what I can do about advertising for you and your crew. Or if you need any help with anything I'll see what I can do for any questions, advice, or ideas you gots for me. Have a good one man, and keep on raving.
WAR We Are revolution
WAR We Are revolution
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by walker with style cali Mon 05 Jul 2010, 16:16

yea dude im working on a solo vid rite now so ill be done tommorow its pretty crappy...i was tired...one idea....cuz i jump tooo....wen ur jump transition to shuffle try this wen ur in air......try to spin and kick.....itll disrtact people long enough for u to transitoin a sloppily as u need to..il make a vid showing some things i learned.............

and garry i need help...can u find me a good logo artist please...or atleast help me find one.....

oh and if u evr need to hit me up 6263830331
walker with style cali
walker with style cali
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by WAR We Are revolution Tue 06 Jul 2010, 02:13

Thanks I'll try to keep that it mind, we got some more vids comin later today hopefully so if you want hit us up on youtube warwearerevolution or at hardstylejumpers.weeby.com. hopefully we can get em up by the end of today lol.
WAR We Are revolution
WAR We Are revolution
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by walker with style cali Tue 06 Jul 2010, 02:28

its pretty crappy
walker with style cali
walker with style cali
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by WAR We Are revolution Tue 06 Jul 2010, 02:32

Usually people look for the slide and glide that the hardstyle provides, but you definitely have potential to get thhat look. But what Impressed me is thhe effiency of the T-step and running man. You can see emotion in the way you're moving you're feet, and thats what most people who really respect the dance look for. Great video, and it aint crappy at all lol.

P.S. I like the intermission, and what program are you using?
WAR We Are revolution
WAR We Are revolution
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by walker with style cali Tue 06 Jul 2010, 02:34

videopad

thanx ummmm so were is ur vids
walker with style cali
walker with style cali
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by WAR We Are revolution Tue 06 Jul 2010, 02:39

My partner is uploading them now. Because the ones we already had up were just really sketchy and had like nothing to them because we had just come from a rave and it was like.....4 in the morning lol. so we we took them off. So they should be up by the end of the day.
WAR We Are revolution
WAR We Are revolution
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by walker with style cali Tue 06 Jul 2010, 02:44

k kool so im

gonna put some of ur stuff on my website thats kool rite
walker with style cali
walker with style cali