GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Empty NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle

Post by Garry Sun 16 Jan 2011, 12:18

First topic message reminder :

NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Mso-arena-400

To launch our new special events section MSO Arena is proud to present a special Global Shuffle preview, of NAM, the undisputed Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle

EVENT TIME: 22 January 2011. High Noon. (All times: Melbourne GMT+10 )
ENCORE SCREENING: Opening Act FUN BATTLE #1 High Noon. St Valentines Day 14 February 2011
EVENT DURATION: 14 days only

FUN BATTLE BEGINS High Noon. 15 February 2011

PRICE: ALL FREE

NAM started around 1993 and performed live at the launch of TOE-Theory Of Everything (1994-98) my Melbourne underground TV show. Combining metal, shuffling and rap, NAM will change your idea of shuffling forever. NAM toured all over Australia to packed fully pumped venues for years.

NAM//BC started dance at age 9, won 2 Australian dance titles, trained in classical ballet for 7 years and will teach new shufflers what it means to 'Rock' in shuffle terms.

This clip was shot live (1994) at the Espy Hotel in Melbourne which is a rock venue institution going back to the 1970's - the building goes back to the 1800's. All the audio is recorded live using just the camera mic, in mono onto SVHS video tape using my Panasonic MS1 - a late 1980's entry level broadcast standard 8bit video camera. One of the most robust camera's I've used (includes rolling down McKenzie Falls and still worked ) and able to shoot down to about 2-3 lux, an impressive achievement at the time. Film just looked black with blobs,

This atmosphere was what 'pub rock' (as we call it in Melbourne) is all about. RAW ENERGY LIVE. This was the environment that I learnt how to play live in the 1970's touring around Australia. I spent much of my teens playing professionally in exactly this sort of environment, which is one of the reasons I shot it, because at the time the Espy was only one of a handfull of pubs left playing real rock (not corporate rock) in Australia, in an authentic pub rock venue.

When you face 800 tanked up punters in a rock venue, you have to perform successfully immediately, or else you get well and truely booed off stage before your second number is finished... You learn quick.

Unfortunatly the Espy got yuppyfied and they don't do this stuff anymore, and the famous band room walls have been painted over. But it's still a nice place Smile http://www.espy.com.au/

You have never seen any shuffling like this unless you were there at the time. Hope you enjoy it.

NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Global-Shuffle-poster-180

SPOILER ALERT

This video contains footage from the documentary feature Global Shuffle and comments about the video are permitted in this thread.

NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Espy-272

NAM Espy Band Room (Garry Shepherd. 1994)
BUY: Poster | Greeting Card | Mugs | Archival Stretched Canvas prints

Last edited by Garry on Sat 28 May 2011, 14:09; edited 38 times in total (Reason for editing : updates)
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Beginner8/10NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Empty Re: NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle

Post by IRONMAAN Wed 02 Feb 2011, 15:06

that would be cool

IRONMAAN
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Name: [HSD]IRONMAAN
Ability:
NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Beginner9/15NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/15)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Empty Re: NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle

Post by Garry Wed 02 Feb 2011, 20:29

We might do an encore screening to commence the new fun battle, like leading up to the start, the opening act sort of thing, so everybody gets a boost with a bunch of new moves as they start their vid.

I'll work out the dates in the next few days.

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Beginner8/10NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed 02 Feb 2011, 20:31

Isaacthegrape ("Chitty") wrote:Ah. This was a....Oh. A Live preview of Global Shuffle. K

There's some good stuff in it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, so check back for details of the encore screening.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by IRONMAAN Thu 03 Feb 2011, 12:51

chitty Garry is right its awesome bro
IRONMAAN
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Ability:
NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Beginner9/15NAM: The Rockfathers of Melbourne Shuffle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/15)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu 03 Feb 2011, 17:36

ok here's the details and the battle date.

EVENT TIME: 22 January 2011. Midday Melbourne GMT+11
ENCORE SCREENING: Opening Act FUN BATTLE #1 High Noon. St Valentines Day 14 February 2011
EVENT DURATION: 14 days only

FUN BATTLE BEGINS High Noon 15 February 2011

PRICE: ALL FREE

Last edited by Garry on Wed 16 Feb 2011, 13:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updates)
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by IRONMAAN Fri 04 Feb 2011, 04:46

cool cant wait
IRONMAAN
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon 24 Dec 2012, 22:02

We've currently lost contact with BC (Cam) from GS1 and want to catch up with him when we visit the USA on the Global Shuffle Cruises www.globalshufflecruises.com

Last I spoke with him he was relocating back to the USA around the Virginia area.

Please pass on my contact details if anyone knows him. gs@globalshuffle.com

thanks
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2