GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm new, and I want to shuffle!

+2
Garry
Jinx346
6 posters

Go down

I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Empty I'm new, and I want to shuffle!

Post by Sandman Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:40

(I apologize, English is not my first language)

Okay, hello everybody! I'm Phantom (as the username states) but I also go by Sandman (whichever you feel is better) and I love to watch shuffling and I've been trying to do it for about a month now. I know this is gonna sound bad but I do jumpstyle as well (OH NOES HE DOES JUMPSTYLE KILL KILL KILL) but that's mainly because I lived in Europe for the first part of my life so you can only understand that XD! Well I've recently been trying to shuffle and I keep having the same problem, I'm not fluent and I don't think I can glide! I don't know why, I would post a video of myself up doing it but I don't have a camera yet so I'm sorry for anybody who would like to help but not for now, I can't post anything up. But for some reason, I have really started to enjoy this kind of shuffle (well okay since I can't post a link just go to youtube and type in shuffle vs. jumpstyle and you will see the third one has a guy with a white mask and gloves on, click on that and go to video responses and click on the guy that looks like the guy in the white mask... or wait until 0:37 on the video either way... I aspire to be this guy!) I don't really know what kind of shuffle it is but I love it and if anybody could tell me what it was and what kind it is then that would be great.

I guess I should explain what problems I have with my shuffle. I think my worst problem is the transitions, since I don't use the "Running-man" move a lot, I tend to just "T-step" most of the time, which is what the shuffle is... right? But the transitions kill me because I feel whenever I do the transition and I do it with the "Running-man" I look really foolish and when I don't do it I sort of trip over myself, especially when transitioning from the left leg to the right leg to "T-step". I think my left leg is stronger in this dance for some reason, I don't know why but I suppose it is. If anybody else has or had this kind of problem before and knows how to fix it that would be great.

Also, I have become suspicious of the fact that I might not be gliding, and when I do feel it I stutter at one point or have to transition. Does anybody know a way to make myself look like I'm gliding across the floor more consistently, or does the gliding illusion come with the phat pants? Thanks and I would just like to say once again...

Hello everybody in the shuffle world!
Sandman
Sandman
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: (no name yet)
Ability:
I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Beginner3/10I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Empty_bar_bleue  (3/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Empty Re: I'm new, and I want to shuffle!

Post by Garry Sat 10 Dec 2011, 12:14

Hi Welcome to the forum Phantom, we like jump style on this forum, you can probably teach some of us some jump Smile
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Beginner8/10I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman Sat 10 Dec 2011, 12:38

ZOMG! I feel so honored to get a reply from the Admin! XD! I'd be glad to if you are being serious (because if you're not then I feel dumb.... -sadface-) but I also wish I could get shuffle down!!!!
Sandman
Sandman
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Beginner3/10I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Empty_bar_bleue  (3/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx346 Sat 10 Dec 2011, 14:36

hey man welcome. i too got started with shuffling because of jumpstyle.
Jinx346
Jinx346
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Name: Jinx13
Ability:
I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Beginner5/10I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman Sat 10 Dec 2011, 14:41

I didn't start because of shuffling, but I saw it at a rave party and I though that it would be amazing and fun to do it! Jumpstyle is just my first ravedance.
Sandman
Sandman
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx346 Sat 10 Dec 2011, 14:46

ah okay well its still cool either way.
Jinx346
Jinx346
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Ability:
I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Beginner5/10I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman Sat 10 Dec 2011, 14:50

Old School Shuffle looks like my kind of thing, gliding around doing the "T-step" yeah I think that's the one I like the most because you can do so much! But fluency... ach!
Sandman
Sandman
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx346 Sat 10 Dec 2011, 14:55

i just try and give every move i do an edge while still keeping it smooth.
Jinx346
Jinx346
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat 10 Dec 2011, 14:59

Phantom/Sandman wrote:ZOMG! I feel so honored to get a reply from the Admin! XD! I'd be glad to if you are being serious (because if you're not then I feel dumb.... -sadface-) but I also wish I could get shuffle down!!!!

hehe no worries mate. Yeah tell us what you know about jump, we'd love to hear tips from a jumper
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Beginner8/10I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman Sat 10 Dec 2011, 15:01

Well when I get some stuff (mainly to hide my identity and skin because nobody needs to know that) I guess I can make a video on Jumpstyle and I'll make a Shuffling video just to see what I do wrong and how people can help so sure? Not sure how others will feel though because this is a Shuffle community but I guess I could give it a try.
Sandman
Sandman
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by ModernHippo Sun 11 Dec 2011, 14:08

yea id love to see some jump going around, no one here does it id love to learn and show it off Very Happy
ModernHippo
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: Louis
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman Sun 11 Dec 2011, 15:01

Well when I get my stuff I'll make my Shuffle video and my Jumpstyle video all in one XD! Hope you'll enjoy it!
Sandman
Sandman
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by . Mon 19 Dec 2011, 01:57

WELCOME TO MSO Enjoy the forum!
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Name: AsIn Mage
Ability:
I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Beginner7/10I'm new, and I want to shuffle! Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by lilazndude Sat 07 Jan 2012, 16:04

Spinford ever thought of using glowsticks while shuffling, I saw ur pen spinning and it was totally dope!
lilazndude
lilazndude
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: Turtle
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by lilazndude Sat 07 Jan 2012, 16:05

My bad I posted this on the wrong forum >_<
And btw, Welcome Sandman! Hope you love these forums just as much as I do Very Happy
lilazndude
lilazndude
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: Turtle
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down