GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best shuffling conditions?

5 posters

Go down

Best shuffling conditions? Empty Best shuffling conditions?

Post by FancyPants Thu 03 May 2012, 03:34

When I shuffle my shoes stick to the ground and make me look stupid. My shoes are new but my worn out ones do the same thing. I know about talcum powder and duct tape but I don't just carry it around. Could I just get some suggestions on what type of surfaces are best? I've had luck with dirty gym floors and grass. lol!
FancyPants
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Name: Fancy Pants
Ability:
Best shuffling conditions? Beginner7/10Best shuffling conditions? Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Best shuffling conditions? Empty Re: Best shuffling conditions?

Post by Garry Thu 03 May 2012, 13:17

Polished wooden floor like a basketball stadium gym floor is best, or smooth concrete carpark, plenty of space to move.

Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Best shuffling conditions? Beginner8/10Best shuffling conditions? Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by FancyPants Thu 03 May 2012, 13:36

Thanks Garry. That's what I've been using. I wanted somewhere convenient, though because I'm always asked to shuffle and look like a fool trying to demonstrate.
FancyPants
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Ability:
Best shuffling conditions? Beginner7/10Best shuffling conditions? Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamc96 Thu 03 May 2012, 22:20

Just practice, and any surface will be the best. If you live in apartment block (i hope i said it correct Very Happy ), you can try on stairway. I really like too practice there. My neighbors can hate me for this, but it's so smooth, that i can't resist Embarassed
And i personally don't recommend the duct tape. Just get a pair of cheap shoes, and practice Very Happy The talcum powder can be good, but the people will look at you in a weird way Laughing
Adamc96
Adamc96
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: Xenon
Ability:
Best shuffling conditions? Beginner5/10Best shuffling conditions? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by FancyPants Fri 04 May 2012, 00:54

Yeah Adam, whenever I mention baby powder with shuffling I get looked at funny, lol.
FancyPants
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Czarina Fri 04 May 2012, 03:45

If you're having trouble with finding good surfaces then just try working with what you've got. As a dancer, or shuffler in general, you have to be adaptable to your environment. If you're working with a rough surface like asphalt concrete for instance then try getting a little bit more air on your running man to minimize contact. You might have to hop a little on your t-step as well so you can still twist your ankle.
So, even if you don't have the ideal surface, you can still work on things Smile
Czarina
Czarina
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Name: Czarina
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamc96 Fri 04 May 2012, 03:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qdf37HV_tU&feature=player_detailpage#t=43s Watch at this guy (Sony) closely. He shuffled smooth on a very sticky surface.
Adamc96
Adamc96
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: Xenon
Ability:
Best shuffling conditions? Beginner5/10Best shuffling conditions? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by AivKz Fri 04 May 2012, 05:20

I shuffle everywhere, where is possible. If I feel it's hard to move on the asphalt, then I do every moves bit jumpy...( I don't know, did I said it in correct way Embarassed )
AivKz
AivKz
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Name: T3rm1n4t0r
Ability:
Best shuffling conditions? Beginner10/10Best shuffling conditions? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://www.facebook.com/AivKz

Back to top Go down

Post by FancyPants Fri 04 May 2012, 08:01

I don't like hopping too much because I don't want to look like I'm doing Malay. Not to sound rude but I think Malay shufflers are rude. I like the dance but not the dancers. I woul watch a Melbourne video and find Malay shufflers calling it stupid. Melbourne is where it started Wink
FancyPants
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri 04 May 2012, 10:39

FancyPants wrote:I don't like hopping too much because I don't want to look like I'm doing Malay. Not to sound rude but I think Malay shufflers are rude. I like the dance but not the dancers. I woul watch a Melbourne video and find Malay shufflers calling it stupid. Melbourne is where it started Wink

That's a degrading and racist post fancy pants. I know you're just 14, but that's no excuse. You can leave the forum now and reapply in a few years when you have matured and read our rules.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Best shuffling conditions? Beginner8/10Best shuffling conditions? Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by AivKz Sat 05 May 2012, 00:48

It simply depends where I am, but yep, I shuffle everywhere. Where is possible. Stucking while shuffling on the ground= stupid. Soo, thats why I sometimes do bit hoppy moves.
AivKz
AivKz
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Name: T3rm1n4t0r
Ability:
Best shuffling conditions? Beginner10/10Best shuffling conditions? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://www.facebook.com/AivKz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down