GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help?

3 posters

Go down

Help? Empty Help?

Post by nox Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:05

Sorry i don't know where i should put this at but i have a problem.
Ive been shuffling for 8 months and ive been told i messed up my running man and i do not know if i did. I can't shuffle without my music so i can't record on my ipod i don't got enough money for video camera any ideas?
nox
nox
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Name: 1
Ability:
Help? Beginner10/10Help? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Help? Empty Re: Help?

Post by Czarina Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:23

Just find a big reflective surface like a mirror preferably and watch yourself. Did they tell you any specific things you're not doing right?
Czarina
Czarina
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Name: Czarina
Ability:
Help? Beginner7/10Help? Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:37

It's pretty hard to give specific advice without seeing you in a vid. Firstly who told you, you weren't doing it right ? Do they have vids online you can show us, perhaps it's them who've got it wrong.

So how old are you ? What physical condition are you in ? Are you fit do you play sports/gym etc. Have you had any injuries that may restrict your dancing, broken legs, ankles etc. What else beside running man have you been doing for 8 months?

You need to develop your own judgement about this stuff, which is why we have about 2-3 years worth of training vids on the forum to show you how to do it.

It's best that you read our tutorials and practice practice practice

start here
https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1488-how-do-i-do-the-running-man-legit
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Help? Beginner8/10Help? Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by nox Thu 07 Jun 2012, 05:20

Czarina wrote:Just find a big reflective surface like a mirror preferably and watch yourself. Did they tell you any specific things you're not doing right?
He said i was 1 stepping or 2 stepping idk
Garry wrote:It's pretty hard to give specific advice without seeing you in a vid. Firstly who told you, you weren't doing it right ? Do they have vids online you can show us, perhaps it's them who've got it wrong.

So how old are you ? What physical condition are you in ? Are you fit do you play sports/gym etc. Have you had any injuries that may restrict your dancing, broken legs, ankles etc. What else beside running man have you been doing for 8 months?

You need to develop your own judgement about this stuff, which is why we have about 2-3 years worth of training vids on the forum to show you how to do it.

It's best that you read our tutorials and practice practice practice

start here
https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1488-how-do-i-do-the-running-man-legit
Im 13 im fit i played soccer for 9 years and counting. no injuries. I practise on daily bases Running man T step glides kicks and spins
nox
nox
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Name: 1
Ability:
Help? Beginner10/10Help? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:13

Okay, good no injuries, and your age means your flexibility shouldn't be an issue and if you've played soccer, your eye to foot co-ordination should be fine if not advanced. So your chances of being able to observe Running Man and imitate it are very good to excellent.

There's no ONE WAY to do the running man, there's a few different varieties and it all depends on your style and the music you dance to. It also depends where your Rm is placed in the sequence of moves, you could be transitioning from Rm to another move.
So I think it could be who ever has critised your RM doesn't know much about shuffling and I'd ignore them. They are probably only aware of LMFAO or other beginners vids who only have 2-3 moves in their collection.

Just do what you like and do it the way you want to. Adapt the moves to your body type. At 13 yrs your body has another 5 years or so to build up muscle and bone strength, because you're still growing. Males keep growing physically until their mid 20's, females finish a few years earlier.

So it's important for you to be aware of your body changes, the hormone bursts which will see you suddening grow an inch or so taller in a short time and various muscle issues.

Your soccer training with exercise, muscle stretching and practice is a very good basis for shuffling because of the attention to your legs and feet. I'd just keep going the way you are and include more steps and moves - there's truck loads of new steps in the Global Shuffle dvd, and heaps in vids on the forum.

So I wouldn't fuss too much about your Rm, just have fun with shuffiling, that's the main reason we do it Smile

For instance start trying some of these pro moves (including arm moves) in the Global Shuffle 1 Official trailer, get some variety in your moves and little problems will start to sort themselves out with practice and as your body strength increases.

[youtube][/youtube]
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Help? Beginner8/10Help? Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu 07 Jun 2012, 17:45

Here's some excellent examples of running man in a competition. Rm is often used as a time filler move between other moves. Something to do while waiting for the beat to sync up with what you want to do.

This is from the 2010 Russian Melbourne Shuffle Championship in Moscow at Hardline 77, who hosted the Championships.

Check out these great moves from the 2009 Russian Melbourne Shuffle Championships. These championships were included in the Global Shuffle 1 (GS1) movie on dvd now. The movie includes lots of shots not seen online and follows some of 4MR around some great and historic sites around Moscow.

There's lots of close up shots of the feet in this. The camera is almost on the floor so you can always see the footwork. Lots of great examples of RM and how it is commonly used in shuffling.

[youtube]