GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New shuffler, need advice

2 posters

Go down

New shuffler, need advice Empty New shuffler, need advice

Post by shinosai Mon 01 Oct 2012, 10:53

Ok so I've been shuffling for a few months now. I only get a chance to practice like once a week so it's been pretty slow... anyways I feel like my shuffle looks "ok" now, but absolutely underwhelming when compared to anyone in popular videos.

Now, I know I could use more variation, and that my legs need to be straighter. But past that, is there anything wrong with my t-step or running man? Is there anything I could do to make it look more like the "pros" do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TYTBzMLf3o
shinosai
shinosai
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

New shuffler, need advice Empty Re: New shuffler, need advice

Post by Czarina Mon 01 Oct 2012, 17:00

It looks pretty good to me. Just something to keep in mind though: The 'pro' shuffle look you are talking about is an optical illusion aided by the bagginess of phat pants and usually the speed of the music (since the music of choice is generally hardstyle).
As you get better at shuffling you'll be able to dance to faster music and that's when you'll see why the 'pro' look is born out of necessity. You'll start raising your knee more and coming down harder to keep up with the faster beat.
So, I don't see anything glaringly wrong about your shuffling. All I can do is tell you not to get discouraged because the pros do it better. Keep practicing and you can get there.
Czarina
Czarina
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Name: Czarina
Ability:
New shuffler, need advice Beginner7/10New shuffler, need advice Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by shinosai Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:53

Well not to worry, I definitely have some phat pants. Wink Thanks for your input. I shall keep practicing and work on adding some variation. Now that I know I have the basics down pat the rest should come naturally.
shinosai
shinosai
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down