GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dominance?

4 posters

Go down

Dominance? Empty Dominance?

Post by frenzyhero Fri 02 Nov 2012, 13:00

I recently notice when I was out earlier, that I really only t-stepped to the left. As I'm sure you all know, you use the right foot for that. I try to t-step with my left foot (to the right), but I usually end up tripping over it, stalling, or worse, falling.

So I have 2 questions: Since I'm was left handed, I wondered if my opposite foot is more "dominant" (coordinated, stronger) than the other. Anyone else think this might be possible in some cases? And how would I help train myself not to do this?
frenzyhero
frenzyhero
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Battle Character
Name: 1
Ability:
Dominance? Beginner10/10Dominance? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

http://tongiesgroove.com

Back to top Go down

Dominance? Empty Re: Dominance?

Post by Garry Fri 02 Nov 2012, 14:29

Well firstly you haven't had time to read the tutorials we already have about this, it's already talked about.

The first thing you learn about shuffling is SELF Discipline, there is little in any dance movement that comes natural to humans, so left or right dominance is irrelevant because when you dance you train your WHOLE BODY to move the way YOU want.

From what you've posted I'd say you will need at least 3 months basic skills development before you see any improvement.

Shuffling is NOT Gangham style or LMFAO, they're dance fads, easy moves to learn in 5 minutes and that's about as much depth the moves have.

Shuffling is not easy, expect to spend years learning, if you don't enjoy it, then stop. You have to have the passion to go further and if it's not there and you have to force yourself to practice, then stop, do something else.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Dominance? Beginner8/10Dominance? Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri 02 Nov 2012, 15:11

So I recommend a 90 day study break and you can start right now with a post today by Czarina

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1467-methodology#13050

then post a video of yourself on youtube so we can see you shuffle, because we cant help much further until we see what your doing, we'll be looking for things that you have no idea about yet, balance, body control, spatial co-ordination etc.

this is pro level stuff on this forum, you need to get up to speed with the rest of us, so get into it and see you in 3 months Smile
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler Fri 16 Nov 2012, 09:00

I t-step to the left and it's the thing I'm most comfortable with. That isn't to say I DO NOT practice with my right foot, because I do and I'm hoping to t-step both ways to increase my knowledge of the dance. Dancing is not easy, it takes dedication and time with effort. We cannot do work for you, I've seen people on videos trip. If you trip that just gives you more incentive to work harder if your goal is to learn this dance. I didn't learn shuffling because I had to, I learned because I got off my feet once day and said "I'm learning this."
StarkkShuffler
StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Starkk
Ability:
Dominance? Beginner6/10Dominance? Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by markz Fri 23 Nov 2012, 16:20

im right handed and i started by t-stepping to the left but i got better and i learned to t-step the other direction by practicing it slowly. do your regular t-step but at a much slower pace do it in counts of 2 and youll eventually get the hang of it. thats how i learned
markz
markz
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Axis
Ability:
Dominance? Beginner6/10Dominance? Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sun 25 Nov 2012, 09:32

yeah it's the practice that trains not only your brain and muscles to work together, but trains your eye and space co-ordination and inner ear body balance mechanisms to recognise that you are shuffling.

First off the body thinks you've lost control of your walking ability and will try to straighten you up to walk properly, but after you repeat the moves, the brain recognises that these are intentional moves, that this is what you want to do, it's not a mistake. Then once your brain has grasped that, it begins to work with you.

Think about when you were a little kid learning to write with a pen/pencil. Just learning how to hold the pen took practice, then shaping the letters so others could read and understand them took years of practice, linking your brain, your eyes, your muscles together along with your 'cognitive reasoning' - your awareness and thinking abilities, so these weren't just marks made by a pen, but a language.

So with shuffling instead of just training one hand to write, you've got 2 hands 2 arms 2 feet 2 legs to train Smile
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum