GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do I start ?

+36
Kilo
MrMatty89
saya
Domicide2010
Johnny
jamie-jeffrey
Kenny
Nephilim
NZshufflaah
devandre
Drev
Vicda
irishloz79
SH. uffle
BavarianShuffle
Dg.J.M
TwilightRaver
KHS(goofy)
DanUKShuffleR
PhiLL
eb45978
MattDotZeb
Garry
yamas
tristan mitch aka tiger
de locke
TwiztidClownz23
Pontus_S
s--tshot
K!ll3r
Jester2290
NewbIe™
Kamikazexkyle
Quintess
Lay
aQiLa
40 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Where do I start ? - Page 13 Empty Where do I start ?

Post by Garry Mon 28 Apr 2008, 20:13

First topic message reminder :

Hi, we're just doing some updating on this thread fixing links etc. So some pics and vids may not display. We'll be done soon, thanks MSO

So you've just found out about the Melbourne Shuffle, and you want to know more. You've come to the right place Smile

The Melbourne Shuffle is an underground dance culture, which began in Melbourne (Australia) in the early 1990's and has now spread around the world.

It's a friendly inclusive culture. All nations, races, languages, abilities, old and young, male and female, are welcome.

There's a lot you can learn, in Shuffle moves, music, fashion, art works, video, meet-ups, crews, teams all associated with the Shuffle.

So please, don't be shy, we welcome people new to the Shuffle, and we're happy to help with whatever we can. So please ask...

Last edited by Garry on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 11:40; edited 9 times in total
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Where do I start ? - Page 13 Beginner8/10Where do I start ? - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Where do I start ? - Page 13 Empty Re: Where do I start ?

Post by Hampus Tue 12 May 2009, 08:56

damn, soz about all the smileys, didnt realize how many i wrote untill now Surprised

Hampus
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Tue 12 May 2009, 13:03

How's it going Hampus, don't worry about the smilies Very Happy Wink

Yep you sure can buy phats from this site, www.msophats.com will give you the details.

The 'T step' is a simplification of Celtic dance. Celtic dance is the basis for shuffle footwork. You can find out more about the origins of both the running man and T step at this link.
http://melbourneshuffleoldskool.blogspot.com/2008/09/advanced-shuffle-footwork_24.html

The shuffle is a skill, so that means you need to practice to learn it. There's no short cuts, sorry Wink You may be able to get away with some moves like the running man, which is pretty simple and just a natural leg movement that most humans learn when they're 2 years old.

So to get beyond that, you need to train your mind and muscles to move in a different way, and that, like learning to walk and run, just takes time and practice.

Try the beginners how to shuffle vids at the begininning of this topic and keep working at it ! Read thru the 15 or so pages of this topic as well, and you'll find lots of help getting started, not just steps but how to avoid injury, what shoes, what to do with your arms, how to spin, kick, balance etc. What to do when you feel like you're getting nowhere.

How long will it take ?

Well expect to find at least 6 months worth of exercises and training in this thread alone, with links to advanced steps that will take another 6 months to a few years to learn.

The biggest thing to remember is, don't Shuffle if you don't want to. Don't force yourself to practice. Do it when you feel like it.

Let your shuffle practice be something you really look forward to, don't treat it like homework. You'll find that you want to practice more and will progress much faster, if you love what you're doing, and really want to do it.

So if you don't want to shuffle some days or even weeks, then don't. Work at your own pace. There's no shuffle police going to penalise you for not practicing. Shuffling is something you do for yourself, your own pleasure and enjoyment.

Before you know it, the moves will become easier, you'll loosen up and get a flow to your moves, and you'll have trouble stopping yourself from shuffling Smile. Every time you spot a smooth surface somewhere, you'll just have to shuffle on it for a bit.

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Where do I start ? - Page 13 Beginner8/10Where do I start ? - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hampus Wed 13 May 2009, 03:57

Thx man ! Smile I will truly work hard to become pro Cool xD I'll read all the pages : P yhink I'll need all the help i can get ^_^
Hampus
Hampus
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed 13 May 2009, 11:54

No worries Hampus, let us know how you go.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri 26 Jun 2009, 17:57

Well we seem to have exhausted all the questions for this beginners section. So this thread will now be preserved for it's insights and wisdoms for eternity with a lock Wink

But if you've got a question, you can always post a new topic. But please first read right thru this thread, lots of shufflers contributed from experienced to beginners who only heard of the shuffle the day before.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13