GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shuffling Problems, anyone got some?

+7
ModernHippo
KitsuneShuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Jinx346
HSQ/RIP
Garry
hardcore_shuffler
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty Shuffling Problems, anyone got some?

Post by rednwhite Sat 19 Nov 2011, 14:16

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone, basically, this is kinda a place where we can voice our opinions on what you need help with, and just to talk and compare. This is also something Garry suggested. I'll start:

I have a hard time getting in rhythm with that bass, and it feels like I can't hear it. Second, everything about my shuffle seems clunky, and my running man can't match the speed of any song, so it gets me down Sad

Any tips or things you guys have learnt?
rednwhite
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: HBS//Circa
Ability:
Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Beginner2/10Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty Re: Shuffling Problems, anyone got some?

Post by hardcore_shuffler Mon 21 Nov 2011, 13:08

i made my first everything,phats,jacket,team,and i suck at sewing,it's all a worthy experience tough man:)

hardcore_shuffler
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: Bonez
Ability:
Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Beginner10/10Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

http://myspace.com......name:Bonez Isabadass

Back to top Go down

Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty Re: Shuffling Problems, anyone got some?

Post by rednwhite Mon 21 Nov 2011, 13:12

I don't have a sewing machine Sad

rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Beginner2/10Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by hardcore_shuffler Mon 21 Nov 2011, 13:22

sewing needle and thread.thats what i used,that and fabric paint are your best freinds:)what you do is cut UP the side seem of your pants,cut a upwards triangle on another pair of pants.and sew the triangle to to open seem:)be carefull with mearsurements though
hardcore_shuffler
hardcore_shuffler
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Beginner10/10Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by rednwhite Mon 21 Nov 2011, 14:17

I'll try that Very Happy thanks bonez
rednwhite
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by hardcore_shuffler Tue 22 Nov 2011, 02:57

no problem:D
hardcore_shuffler
hardcore_shuffler
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by rednwhite Tue 22 Nov 2011, 14:34

Hey guys I have a video and I just wanted you guys to kinda critique my running man, 'cause it feels good but it doesn't look right Razz

HELP ME BE BETTER!!!
rednwhite
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by hardcore_shuffler Wed 23 Nov 2011, 06:29

i think your pushing yourself ahead at times,beacause youll have a great flow one go,then youll try and keep up with the music,keeping up with the music is good,but you want to focus on the step itself,so instead of every beat,try every other beat on-step:)
hardcore_shuffler
hardcore_shuffler
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by eastcoastshuffler Wed 23 Nov 2011, 14:20

Um I think it looks pretty good. But what a lot of people do (myself sometimes) is lift their backfoot up like they are actually running on a track. Instead, it's best to keep your foot low to the ground....
...that sounded better in my head. Haha okay I'll make a vid explaining what I'm saying tomorrow.
eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: HBS//Sweeper
Ability:
Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Beginner5/10Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by rednwhite Wed 23 Nov 2011, 14:45

Yeah thanks for the opinions guys Very Happy

What I think I need to work on is everything that is mentioned, but spreading my feet, and making my "strokes" kinda longer.
rednwhite
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by KitsuneShuffler Thu 24 Nov 2011, 05:30

This is a great thread:D I'm going to see if I can post a video if I can get my lazy arse to make one.
KitsuneShuffler
KitsuneShuffler
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Name: Kitsune
Ability:
Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Beginner4/10Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by eastcoastshuffler Thu 24 Nov 2011, 15:16

What's your youtube channel?
eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Beginner5/10Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by HSQ/RIP Fri 25 Nov 2011, 03:58

yeah like bonez said make your phats, jacket ect. Me and bonez had literally no funding but some how we managed to make everything that we needed, i have to remake mine because of the fact that they were to flimsy on the bottoms but eventually ill get them back together. and i agree with what bonez said abut the running man, rather than keeping focus on the form of your running man we think about timing the steps, but take it in stride and it'll look perfect. i guarantee it, me and bonez learned everything we know on our own. just practice is all it takes.
HSQ/RIP
HSQ/RIP
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: HSQ/RIP
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by rednwhite Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:37

I CAN SHUFFLE WITH THE BEAT. AWWWW YEEEAH!!!
rednwhite
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri 25 Nov 2011, 13:23

hehe congratulations. It just takes a bit of time for your body to synchronise and it gets easier and easier the more you practice. Pretty soon you won't even think about it, you'll just do it.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Beginner8/10Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by rednwhite Fri 25 Nov 2011, 13:49

Thanks Garry Very Happy After a while it just sinks in, doing the 1 step running man is hard XD
rednwhite
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by eastcoastshuffler Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:17

What do you guys feel about shuffling to lounge/electronic? For example: Clash by Caravan Palace? (Link below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=CMDFLqirIoM

Personally I think it's pretty fun to shuffle to old throwback/funky tunes Very Happy
eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by HSQ/RIP Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:28

As it gets more into the song it sounds pretty good, as long as theres a good steady bass then i think youre fine.
HSQ/RIP
HSQ/RIP
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by HSQ/RIP Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:29

Its also good music to do the Malaysian shuffle to.
HSQ/RIP
HSQ/RIP
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by eastcoastshuffler Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:32

eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by HSQ/RIP Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:37

Either way i think as long as it has a steady beat than you probably can dance to it.
HSQ/RIP
HSQ/RIP
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by eastcoastshuffler Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:40

Yeah that's key for every pop dance song no matter what the dance. Jerk, shuffle, break all need steady beats
eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by HSQ/RIP Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:43

Well dancing to no music or music that doesn't fit the style of dance would just be funny haha
HSQ/RIP
HSQ/RIP
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by eastcoastshuffler Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:45

Haha true. Sometimes when there's no music I thow down a bass line by snapping and shuffle to that XD
eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by HSQ/RIP Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:52

Its harder for me to do that, i hate hearing the grinding of my feet against the ground, the music has to overpower it for me to get into it more.
HSQ/RIP
HSQ/RIP
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by eastcoastshuffler Fri 25 Nov 2011, 14:57

Yeah I almost always my ipod. During summer holiday I wanna street perform a bit in my town's square. It's doing what I love and I might make a few bucks. Very Happy

I need to get one of those ipod speaker things
eastcoastshuffler
eastcoastshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by HSQ/RIP Fri 25 Nov 2011, 15:00

Yeah hard to make money if the crowd doesnt know what music youre dancing to, plus it looks better. I doubt you could do that here in florida. bit harder.
HSQ/RIP
HSQ/RIP
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by KitsuneShuffler Fri 25 Nov 2011, 15:00

Oops sorry eastcoast I didn't see your question but my youtube channel is Purekitsune and I may have a video by monday but it really depends on how busy I am.

Haha its weird because my parents just, I guess officially found out that I'm into shuffling. My parents weren't mad or anything but my mom was surprised and asked me "How did you get into that?"xD She might even buy me some phat pants and if she doesn't I can see if my aunt could make them for me:)
KitsuneShuffler
KitsuneShuffler
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Name: Kitsune
Ability:
Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Beginner4/10Shuffling Problems, anyone got some? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next