GLOBAL SHUFFLE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoes/socks being worn away

+2
Czarina
Aznshuffler
6 posters

Go down

Shoes/socks being worn away Empty Shoes/socks being worn away

Post by Aznshuffler Fri 30 Mar 2012, 14:34

So, ever since I started shuffling, My shoes have been getting worn down at an alarming rate, mostly the heel, from t-step, and the running man area of the shoe, sorry don't know what to call it :p. How long do you shoes/socks last you, and do you have any tips to extend the life of your shoes and socks for me? Very Happy
Thanks!
Also I just got a pair of pumas since my vans lasted about 2 months :/
Aznshuffler
Aznshuffler
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Exit
Ability:
Shoes/socks being worn away Beginner4/10Shoes/socks being worn away Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Shoes/socks being worn away Empty Re: Shoes/socks being worn away

Post by Czarina Fri 30 Mar 2012, 16:03

I just have two pairs of tennis shoes at any given time: One pair for actually playing, and the other would be my old ones that are getting worn down which are perfect for shuffling. Depending on how much I play they can last between a month, if I play everyday, to half a year.
There's not much you can do about shoes getting worn; that's what they're meant for. If you need new shoes then get them because otherwise you have a chance of injuring yourself. Also, make sure you tie your shoes properly, as that's another way to get an injury.
So yea, either get more durable shoes or you're pretty much stuck with buying new ones.
Czarina
Czarina
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Name: Czarina
Ability:
Shoes/socks being worn away Beginner7/10Shoes/socks being worn away Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri 30 Mar 2012, 16:44

yeah tennis shoes are good. I just use a cheap pair of Dunlop Volley's about $30 in Melbourne. Dunlop also make car tyres, so they're pretty durable.

Other options are shuffling on a smoother surface, with less friction. Or using baby talc powder or that type of thing. The powder builds up in the gaps of your shoe sole and takes a lot of the wear and tear before the shoe soles.
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
Shoes/socks being worn away Beginner8/10Shoes/socks being worn away Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

https://mso1.forumotion.com/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri 30 Mar 2012, 16:47

With socks I use a double pair. The outer pair typically cheap thick+tough work boot type socks, sooo comfortable Very Happy
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Shoes/socks being worn away Beginner8/10Shoes/socks being worn away Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx346 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 01:40

Gaffers tape is a wonderful thing. As you shuffle the tape will let you slide and protect your shoes a bit. Just replace it every once and a while.
Jinx346
Jinx346
Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Name: Jinx13
Ability:
Shoes/socks being worn away Beginner5/10Shoes/socks being worn away Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sun 01 Apr 2012, 09:47

Yeah a lot of oldskoolers used gaffa tape, cheaper than shoes hehe

I remember Thefyllesmurfen saying he used a hot glue gun to fill in the gaps and that worked well too.

Or if you've got a worn pair that you use mainly for shuffling, you can glue a bit of vinyl or floor tile to the sole of your shoe. Just cut a bit for your heal and a bit for the ball of your foot - where your toes join your foot, for the shuffling part.

Or do a full foot with floor tile and cut a gap in the arch so you can bend the shoe forward for running man etc. - You can glide on carpet like this Laughing

Even the old cloggers had wear and tear problems with their wooden soled shoes. They'd sand the sole smooth with sandpaper and check for splinters and little stones that'd get stuck in the sole.

Later they went for the split wooden sole, heal and toe wooden blocks, for tap, then added metal tips to get a louder clack sound when dancing with a big swing band, then just a big chunky heal and toe sole because they's wear down a lot. And then you'd just stick on some more wood hehe. Easy on purpose Laughing
Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:51

Madonna prefers sneakers to high heels. Talking with http://www.wwd.com/eye/people/madonna-talks-fashion-and-fragrance-5858639 Madonna comments on her Superbowl performance...

'It's one of my most favorite and most treasured performing experiences, for sure. That was amazing. The dance that LMFAO does, the shuffle, was really hard to do in heels. I have to say, I would prefer to do the shuffle in sneakers. If you want to drop it like it’s hot, it’s good to wear flats, because then your booty gets really close to the floor'

Garry
Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler Sun 19 Aug 2012, 12:40

Honestly, when I shuffle I wear my shoes out really quick, your shoes are basically sliding/pushing against the ground which creates wear and tear. It's bound to happen so, skate shoes are perfect for shuffling as they are a flat surface, I usually buy some cheap skate shoes for shuffling, and have my regular pairs of shoes for non dancing, and every 2-3 months I get new shoes. Regardless of what shoes you buy they will still tear, etc so be careful.
StarkkShuffler
StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Starkk
Ability:
Shoes/socks being worn away Beginner6/10Shoes/socks being worn away Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by markz Thu 23 Aug 2012, 17:22

yeah theres really nothing you can do about your shoes getting worn down but i use soccer shoes mostly since the players are always running i thught they would be good and i like them if you're going to get them make sure to buy the ones that don't have spikes
markz
markz
Level 2
Level 2

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Axis
Ability:
Shoes/socks being worn away Beginner6/10Shoes/socks being worn away Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down